Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Dec. 30

1 Cor. 1:25-'The weakness of God is stronger than men.'  

We often think about the strength of God...and depend on it daily!

Ps
. 27:1-'The Lord is the strength of my life, whom shall I be afraid?'
Ps. 62:7-'The rock of my strength, & my refuge, is in God.'
Ps. 66:3-'Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! thru the greatness of thy power shall thy enemies submit themselves unto thee.'

But have you considered His 'weaknesses'...
-a small boy with a sling
-5 loaves & 2 fish
-Moses' rod
-a widow's cruse of oil
-a blind & bald OT judge in the temple of dagon
-a broken, drained body on a cross...'For he was crucified thru weakness...' 2 Cor. 13:4
-a still, small voice...

Wow! Even in His weakness, He is strong.

Its the same with me! When I am weakest (physically, emotionally, mentally, financially), I can do more for God. How? B/c Christ is working thru me. Paul realized this...

'In weariness & painfulness, in watching often, in hunger & thirst, in fastings often, in cold & nakedness. Beside those things that are w/o, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches. Who is weak, & I am not weak?' 2 Cor. 11:27-29

Yet, look what Paul did in his lifetime for the glory of God! Here's the key....'My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of God may rest upon me....for when I am weak, then am I strong.'










But

0 comments:

Post a Comment